Hello world!

2:45:00 PM

And so, my Mummy has decided to set up a blog for me to document my growth and milestones. Let's see how she can manage 2 blogs at the same time! I heard it's already tough coping with one..

My name is Ilyas Amir, and I was born on 5th August 2016 at 5.11 pm. Prior to my birth, everyone told Mummy to hang on till 9th August so that I can have the same birthday as my country. But.. Mummy couldn't wait any longer (or more like I cannot wait any longer), so I came out 4 days earlier.

Fortunately, the labour went smoothly, albeit it being quite long. It took me around 12 hours to be out. Mummy admitted herself to the hospital as the night before her mucus plug dropped and she had blood stains. They inserted a pill to speed up the dilation, but at 6 am when she was brought down to the labour ward, she was only 1 cm dilated. Dr Fong then burst the water bag around 9 am as there was no progress and told Mummy that if she is not 9 cm dilated by 5 pm, I would have to come out through c-sect. Oh the horror! Mummy is actually terrified of hospitals. Much to her delight, the labour ward wasn't as scary as she thought, but she knew the operating theatre would be daunting, so she begged me to please come out ASAP.

A few doses of laughing gas, an injection and finally an epidural (which was administered around 2 pm because Mummy couldn't bear the contractions any longer) later, I came out after some pushes. Oh, Dad was around during the whole process - which made Mummy felt so much better.

Dr Fong asked Dad to take a look at me being 1/4 way out. Apparently he could see my head, or rather tuft of hair. Dad said he will never forget that scene. That and also when Dr Fong manually tore open Mummy's cervix with his fingers. I can't imagine that but it does sound pretty scary.

My birth story aside, I came out a healthy baby. Abit on the smaller side, my birth weight was 2.8`5 kg and I was 49.5 cm long. Of course Dad took a lot of pictures, but I shall share the professional ones instead which was taken on my second day on earth. Because my parents didn't managed to do a maternity shoot - they thought they'd spend on newborn shoot instead. Thanks to Mummy Nad and Bak, they came to know of such service which they can get from the hospital itself! Makes it so much easier. Baby U is available not only at Gleneagles, but also at Thomson Medical Centre.





As you can probably tell, I'm not exactly a smiley baby :D


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts